Chief Minister N. Kiran Kumar Reddy ordered a high-level inquiry into the major fire accident in an apartment in Manikonda on Sunday in which six persons, including an infant, were charred to death and many others injured.
Fire broke out Sunday night in a shed adjacent to a five-storied apartment in the Secretariat Colony where materials and equipment used in film shooting, especially for TV serials, was being stored. The fire occurred due to inflammable material quickly spread and the adjoining apartment was caught in the inferno.
Though it was earlier claimed that the mishap occurred due to short-circuit, the officials of the Electricity department asserted that no power connection was provided to the shed, which was stated to have come up in a disputed plot. This triggered of suspicion whether there was any sabotage behind the fire incident.
While the police are on the lookout for the person, who was using the shed for storing the film-shooting materials, the gravity of the tragedy has made the Chief Minister to order a high-level probe.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Monday expressed shock over the fire accident occurred at Puppalaguda on Sunday night.
The Chief Minister conveyed his heart-felt condolences to the bereaved families. He also directed the officials of Fire Services department to inquire and submit a report to him on the incident. The Chief Minister asked the officials to take stringent action against the persons, who were responsible for the fire accident. (NSS)