Hyderabad: The TRS president, Mr K. Chandrasekhara Rao, has said that his party would take a final decision on ‘Million March’ on March 10 to choke the State capital with one million people brought from all parts of Telangana to pressurize the Union government on Telangana, after consulting the Political Joint Action Committee of Telangana.
Interacting with the media here on Sunday, Mr KCR dismissed reports that the proposed march was postponed in view of the examinations. He said that so far no decision was taken to postpone the Million March, he said, adding that a final decision would be taken after consulting the political JAC of Telangana.
Stating that the parents of students in Telangana districts called him on phone and pleaded with him to postpone the Million March in view of the Inter, SSC and CBSE examinations, Mr Rao said that he would consult the Telangana JAC leaders whether to postpone the Million March or not in view of the examinations. “We will take a collective decision on the matter,” he added.
The TRS supremo has urged the Union government to expedite its decision on Telangana in view of the volatile situation in the State. Pointing out that a Telangana antagonist like Mr Prakash Karat was urging the Centre to solve the issue early, Mr KCR lamented that the Union government remained a silent spectator. (NSS)