New Delhi, Jan 6: The following are the six options given by the Justice Srikrishna Committee on the vexed issue of separate statehood for Telangana to be carved out of Andhra Pradesh:
– The committee has recommended letting Andhra Pradesh be united and have special constitutional measures for development of the Telangana region.
– The second option is bifurcation of the state into Seemandhra and Telangana states.
– The third option is having Telangana and Andhra as separate states with Hyderabad as the Telangana capital.
– The fourth option is Hyderabad to be given a union territory status. The two regions will develop their own capitals in due course.
– The fifth option is to divide the state into Rayala-Telangana and coastal Andhra regions, with Hyderabad as an integral part of Rayala-Telangana.
– The last option the committee has offered is creation of statutory empowered Telangana regional council.