Come November and the government is going to take away all procedures under Arogyasri from the purview of private hospitals barring cancer, heart and poly trauma cases, according to the AP Private Nursing Homes Association (APNA) and Indian Medical Association (IMA).
They claim that this will lead to slow but certain death for the health insurance scheme.
At the meeting of the APNA and IMA held on Thursday, it was decided to adopt a wait-and-watch policy for about a week and then approach the former CM, Mr K. Rosaiah, to put in a word with the Chief Minister, Mr N. Kiran Kumar Reddy, about letting private hospitals retain the 133 Arogyasri procedures which constitute 90 per cent of patients.
“Even though no government order has been issued so far, on the instructions of the CM, the Arogyasri Trust Website has put up the suggestion of reserving 133 procedures exclusively for government hospitals, which should be withdrawn,” said Dr Rajender Singh Saluja, state president-elect of APNA.
“Even though the health minister, Dr D. L. Ravindra Reddy, is upset with the government’s decision, and doesn’t want any dilution of the scheme, Mr Kiran Kumar Reddy is adamant and he told us that the government wants to take Arogyasri out of private hands. By November, only cancer, heart and poly trauma cases will be left with private nursing homes and hospitals,” said Dr Visheshwara Rao, president, APNA.
In such a scenario, APNA said it won’t sign any MoU with the government for renewal of the scheme in all districts. Deccan Chronicle