Hyderabad: Flames emanated from the short circuit at the Matrusri Apartments at Hyderguda here on Saturday afternoon, and created flutter in the surrounding area. But fortunately no casualty occurred.
Flames came out of a fourth floor flat of the Matrusri apartments, creating panic among the residents. The Matrusri apartments, which was perhaps the first apartments in the twin cities, consists of seven floors and accommodating more than 110 families in it. Owing to short circuit, electricity wires caught fire on the fourth floor and this fire descended to the ground floor. Taking cognizance of it, residents immediately came out of the apartments and those remained in the apartments were later rescued safely.
On a tip-off, fire department, 108 ambulance and police officials rushed to the spot. The fire department successfully extinguished the fire by pumping water into the apartments. According to the residents of the apartments, this is the second time that such incident took place– the first one happened in 2008. (NSS)