Home » Hyderabad, India » Former SIMI chief remanded to judicial custody

Former SIMI chief remanded to judicial custody

Posted by on July 19, 2011 0 Comment

Hyderabad: Former All India president of the banned Students’ Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) Syed Salahuddin Salar, involved in Dilsukhnagar Sri Saibaba Temple bomb blast case in November 2002, was remanded to police custody till July 28.

The Crime Investigation Department of police produced the former SIMI president before the Jubilee Hills Car Bomb Blast Case-cum-Additional Family Court, at Nampally Criminal courts. The court after hearing the arguments of prosecution remanded Syed Salahuddin Salar to police custody.

Following the court directions, the CID police shifted him to Cherlapally jail, in the outskirts of Hyderabad.

The 40 year old Salar, hailing from Nalgonda District, is a Civil Engineer by profession. He fled to Gulf countries around 10 years ago, and on his arrival from Dubai on June 26 he was arrested by the Madhya Pradesh Anti-Terrorism Squad at the Kochi international airport.

According to the sources Salar was shifted to Hyderabad last night on a Prisoners Transit warrant and was produced in the criminal court.

There was an explosion in front of Sri Sai Baba temple at Dilsukhnagar on Nov 2002, in which two persons died and 20 others received minor injuries.

The Saroonagar Police had registered a case and later in view of alleged involvement of Lashkar militant the investigation was handed over to the CB-CID.

The CID Police arrested Mohd. Irfan Ali Khan, Syed Abdul Nayeem, Abdul Razaak Masood, Syed Akhil, Anees Mohiuddin and Altaf Ahmed under section 3 of POTA law, while two more accused Mohammed Azam and Syed Azeez were killed in encounter.

The Investigating agency claimed that Abdul Bari @ Abu Hamza, a Lashkar-E-Taiba operative, who is still absconding, has orchestrated the blast near Sai Baba temple with an intention to cause communal disharmony in India.(INN)

No comments yet... Be the first to leave a reply!

Leave a Reply