Home » Hyderabad » Govt uses fresh bait to avert strike

Govt uses fresh bait to avert strike

Posted by on August 11, 2011 0 Comment

Hyderabad: The state government has come out with a fresh proposal to avert the strike by the Joint Action Committee of Telangana Employees from August 17.

Following the ‘boycott’ of a second round of talks by the Telangana Employees JAC leaders with the Group of Ministers earlier in the day, one of the GoM members and Labour Minister Danam Nagender told media persons at the Secretariat that the question of invoking or revoking ESMA will not arise, provided the Telangana leaders dropped the strike move.

The Minister also made it clear that the government would try to solve all their problems which were coming under its purview. But he maintained that he desired that the strike notice be withdrawn.

Holding deliberations after the boycott of the talks, the Minister called upon the leaders to give up the agitational mode in the interests of the four crore Telangana people who would be put to sufferings in case the strike was imposed on them.

The service aspect must be taken into account by all, and the strike would dislocate the services particularly the essential ones, Mr Nagender said.

He pointed out that over nine lakh people would be affected under the impact of the proposed strike.

Women in the Telangana region who supplied milk to the tune of eight lakh litres daily would also be affected if the staff decided to agitate from August 17, the Minister said.

Earlier, the GoM members met Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and apprised him of the situation. They are understood to have discussed the strike move. (INN)

No comments yet... Be the first to leave a reply!

Leave a Reply