Home » Hyderabad » Official version of Jaipal Reddy’s niece’s murder

Official version of Jaipal Reddy’s niece’s murder

Posted by on June 22, 2011 0 Comment

Hyderabad: Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Zone) Stephen Ravindra on Wednesday said that the sleuths of Jubilee Hills police arrested Dr Soma Chaitanya Reddy in the sensational murder of his wife Dr Kiran Reddy.

In an official statement, the DCP stated that the facts of the case are that on June 18, 2011, Mr K Raghotham Reddy, filed a complaint at the Jubilee Hills police station that he received a phone call from his son-in-law S Chaitanya Reddy, about the unconscious state of his daughter (Kiran Reddy) and when he went there he found her dead.

Mr Ravindra said that the police, based on this complaint, registered a case (Cr No 285/11 U/s 174 Cr PC).

Since the deceased died within seven years of her marriage the Deputy Tahsildhar, Hyderabad, conducted an inquest and postmortem examination was conducted by Dr Sree Ramulu and Dr Sandhya.

Further on, June 19, 2011 at 6 AM, the Mr Raghotham Reddy further complained that his daughter’s death took place in her matrimonial residence and he strongly believed that she was deliberately killed by his son-in-law and his family members.

Hence, the section of law was altered from 174 Cr PC to Sec 302 IPC.

The postmortem report in this case was collected in which it was revealed that the deceased died due to “asphyxial death due to smothering”.

Basing on the report, the husband Chaitanya Reddy was interrogated and he confessed that on June 18, 2011, he, along with his deceased wife, went to bachelors party of Kiran Reddy’s brother. He had entered in some arguments with some waiters of the restaurant and his wife rushed him back to the house.

After reaching the house, Chaitanya Reddy and the deceased argued for spoiling the spirit of the party and she went to their daughter’s bedroom.

Dr Chaitanya Reddy followed her and in fit of anger pushed her on to the bed on smothered her with pillow and he went away to his room.

Next morning, he went to her room and found her dead. He raised an alarm as if he knew nothing and his father and others shifted the deceased to hospital.

The arrested accused was produced before a Court and remanded to judicial custody. (INN)

No comments yet... Be the first to leave a reply!

Leave a Reply