The Central Crime Station’s investigation into the murderous attack on the MIM MLA, Mr Akbaruddin Owaisi, found that Mohammed Pahelwan, the prime accused, had rushed to Barkas to take part in the attack.
However, by the time he reached the spot, the attack had already taken place and he only found his own men in a pool of blood.In his confession, Mohammed Pahelwan said, “We had planned to elimianted Akbaruddin. On April 30, he came to Barkas to inaugurate the boundary wall of the graveyard. At about 10.30 am, Akbar, while passing by our house, abused my brothers’ son Ibrahim. He had signaled with his fingers that he will see his (Ibrahim’s) ‘end.’ Ibrahim immediately called my nephew Wahlan. Wahlan, in turn, called me on my phone. Wahlan also called up others and asked them to get ready to kill Akbar. I discussed the matter with our well-wisher and builder Munwar Iqbalon. He asked us to attack Akbar without any delay. I also informed my elder brother Younus and got his approval. Then I gave a green signal to the boys and told them that I will join them.”
He added, “I immediately started for Barkas from Bandlaguda. Within 10 minutes I reached my house. There I found out that my family members had already left to attack Akbar near Balapur road. I rushed to the spot and found a pool of blood. I came to know that my family members were hit by bullets fired by the MLA’s gunman.” Meanwhile, Mr Owaisi has been shifted from the intensive care unit of the Care Hospital at Banjara Hills as he has recovered. DC