Home » Hyderabad, Uncategorized » CPI Deplores TRS MLAs action: MLC Polls

CPI Deplores TRS MLAs action: MLC Polls

Posted by on March 20, 2011 0 Comment

Hyderabad: The Communist Party of India State secretary, Dr Narayana has taken serious objection to the action of the Telangana Rashtra Samithi in not voting in favour of its MLC candidate Mr Chandra Sekhar, on the plea that he hails from Seemandhra region.

Speaking to the media at the CPI State office here on Sunday, Dr Narayana termed the action of the TRS members as “political innocence” and unjustifiable . He added that there should not be any scope for black mailing in politics. Mocking at the TRS contention that Mr Chandra Sekhar was not hailing from the Telangana region, he said that Mr Chandra Sekhar came from such a humble background that he was a labourer at the IDPL and later rose on to become the general secretary of the All India Trade Union Congress. He also expressed his gratitude to the TDP, CPI (M) and Lok Satta parties for having voted in favour of its candidate in the recently held elections.

Referring to the allotment of lands for SEZs and housing schemes, on which the CPI stalled the Assembly proceedings during the current Budget session, Dr Narayana alleged that the SEZs have been set up on only 25 per cent of the allotted land and no industry was established in the remaining 75 per cent of land. Referring to the issue of MR Properties, he said that about 90 acres of land of the poor people was bestowed to it. “The State government, instead of thinking about the pathetic state of the poor people, who have lost their valuable land in this issue, was mulling as to how to restore the 26 per cent share to the State Industrial Development Corporation”, he added.

Dr Narayana demanded that a House Committee should be constituted to reveal the actual state of the government land in thousands of acres, which was bestowed to private firms for the purpose of setting up SEZs and housing schemes.

Pointing to the plans to set up nuclear energy plants in the State at Kovvada and Ranasthali, Dr Narayana said that the government was going ahead with its plans despite strong opposition from the local people in this regard. The State government has acquired some 1900 acres of land for the purpose, he said and added that out of this, it has forcibly taken away some 1200 acres of land , which was earlier given by it to the poor people by granting pattas to them. But there was stiff opposition to the efforts of acquiring another 700 acres of land. He also demanded that all such land should be restored to the poor people.

In the wake of the Fukushima mishap in Japan, he said that right from the beginning the party has been saying that it would be perilous. He also said that they are planning to organise a seminar soon by inviting experts on the merits and demerits of nuclear power.

He also said that there was no end to the woes of handloom workers in the State. He said that of the Rs 320 crore package announced before the Council polls, only Rs 90 crores have been released so far. Stating that the handloom labour from Nalgonda district are reaching here on foot on Monday, he expressed solidarity of the CPI with them.

Speaking on the occasion, the newly elected MLC, Mr Chandra Sekhar said that the un-organised labour were facing severe hardships despite many laws in their favour. He also assured that he would raise the concerns of labour on the floor of House as a representative.

The CPI floor leader in the Assembly Mr Gunda Mallesh was also present. (NSS)

No comments yet... Be the first to leave a reply!

Leave a Reply