Egypt’s Deputy Justice Minister Mohammed Munie says ousted President Hosni Mubarak will be brought to Cairo for his trial on charges of corruption and ordering the killings of protesters.
Reports that Mr. Mubarak’s health was faltering had raised speculation his trial, due to start on August 3, could be postponed or held in the Sinai resort where he has been undergoing treatment at a hospital. Earlier on Wednesday, the Health Minister said Mr. Mubarak was healthy enough to be moved.
The Deputy Justice Minister says a ‘final decision’ has been made to hold the trial in a hall at Cairo’s Convention Centre, according to the state news agency MENA. Hindu