Copenhagen/Rome, March 21 (DPA) Italian and Danish fighter jets have been participating in enforcing the no-fly zone over Libya, the governments in Copenhagen and Rome confirmed separately Sunday night.
So far US, British and French air forces were known to have been involved in the military operation, which began Saturday.
Three Italian Tornado fighter aircraft Sunday took off from the air force base at Trapani in Sicily to participate in missions, Italian Defence Minister Ignazio La Russa said.
Their immediate targets were not specified.
A total of eight Italian aircraft are available for deployment against Libya.
Meanwhile in Copenhagen, Danish Defence Minister Gitte Lund said six Danish jets had flown “high risk” missions against Libya of five or six hours duration, but all had returned safely to base in Sicily.